What To Expect
Our experienced practitioners care deeply to learn all about you. Expect a thorough consultation upon your first visit where we talk about your past health and your future goals.
- At your first appointment we review certain physiological changes, taking your pulse, a complete health history, and a conversation about your body and habits.
- You will be given a personalized treatment of acupuncture and Chinese herbs tailor-made for your body as well as recommendations on diet, exercise habits, and lifestyle.
- To maintain a life of optimal health you, we suggest regular treatments.
- Though we understand life happens, we welcome you and are humbled every time you choose you!
What Is Acupuncture?
Health is considered a free flow of Qui (energy). When there are blocks or stagnation, there exists disharmony or dis-ease. Acupuncture is a means by which the normal flow of Qui (energy) is restored in the body and mind.
What Ailments And Illnesses Can Acupuncture Treat?
The World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health have listed several conditions as treatable by acupuncture and Oriental medicine:
- Gynecological Conditions
- Emotional Conditions
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Neurological Conditions
- Digestive Conditions
- Respiratory Conditions
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Absolutely. Only disposable, sterile, FDA approved acupuncture needles are used during treatment.
There is much evidence to prove that acupuncture DOES WORK for many conditions. The National Institute of Health (www.nih.com) cites remarkable evidence for the 2000+ years that it has been in practice.
Does Acupuncture Work?
Before we begin treatment, we collect an understanding of your needs & your health history. There is a simple health history form you can download from this link (make this a link to the form), or ask us to email/mail it to you. When you arrive, we spend about 30 minutes with an initial examination & consultation. The consultation is a time for us to discuss your symptoms/history and address any questions you have about acupuncture. During the examination we feel the quality your pulse, look at your tongue & examine your overall wellness. With a clear understanding of your overall health picture, we are ready to craft a treatment plan to fit your specific needs. After this intake procedure, you will receive a full acupuncture treatment.
What Should I Expect From My First Acupuncture Appointment?
Subsequent appointments will be an hour unless you sign up for additional services. You will be asked to notice any changes between treatments, even changes that are not directly related to your main complaint. Acupuncture treats the whole body and one imbalance affects the whole system.
Do Need To Have Symptoms To Receive Acupuncture?
As acupuncture has grown in popularity, people are starting to understand the idea of preventative medicine. Acupuncture works on balance and we all are under a degree of stress (see below for the potential negative affects of stress). It is always a good idea to come in for a “tune-up” 2x months or as preferred.
The effects of stress include the following:
- Chronic fatigue, digestive upset, headaches, & back pain
- Lowers Immunity
- Increases blood pressure and risk of stroke
- Increases danger of heart attacks, particularly in conjunction with anger management
- Worsened asthma attacks
- Decreased libido or sexual desire.
- Triggered behaviors that contribute to death and disability, such as smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and overeating.
How Many Acupuncture Treatments Will I Need?
The number of treatments will depend on the nature, severity and duration of the problem. Many patients show improvement in 4-12 treatments.